Although moving house is a very stressful and costly process for some, it absolutely doesn’t have to be. There are numerous things that you can do to make the process easier for yourself and those around you, including hiring a team of professional removalists.
However, hiring a removals team won’t magically eliminate your stress. There will still be a lot of things that you have to take care of, and these can take some time and effort if you’re not careful.
In the rest of this article we’ve drawn on our years of industry experience to bring you a short list of our top moving tips to save you money and stress. They include:
- Use Second-Hand Packing Materials
You might be surprised by the amount of money you can save by using second-hand packing materials. Rather than heading down to your local shop and buying new moving gear, think about where else you could source some from.
- Post an ad on your social media profile asking for people to donate boxes, bubble wrap and packaging materials. You might be surprised how many people have stuff sitting in their shed from their last move.
- Head in and chat to a couple of local business owners and see if they are willing to let you take some empty packaging boxes.
- Ask family or friends who have moved recently.
Although you might not realise it, this can save you a lot of money.
- Choose a Reliable Moving Company
Trying to do everything on your own can result in a lot of stress, especially if you’re trying to work and look after a family as well. You can reduce this stress by employing a team of reliable removalists.
When choosing a moving company, think carefully about things like:
- Their reputation, which you can uncover through online reviews and similar.
- Their prices, which will vary according to the level of service they offer.
- Their flexibility and friendliness, which are essential for ensuring a smooth move.
Really, you should be trying to find a moving company who’s willing to work with you to make the moving process easier for everyone.
- Get an Early Start on Moving Day
Finally, you can ensure a stress free moving experience by making sure you get an early start on the day of your big move. Make sure that you get a good night’s sleep – you absolutely don’t want to wake up with a hangover or in a sleep-deprived state – and start your day with a healthy breakfast.
Starting the moving process earlier will help reduce the time pressure associated with your move. And really, the worst thing that could happen is that you finish earlier than expected.
If you’re someone who’s naturally prone to stress and worry, you need to take advantage of the above tips to help make your move a neat and stress-free process. For us, the most important thing to do is to make sure that you use a professional moving team that really knows what it’s doing.